My Nsfas Allowance 2023-2024
My Nsfas Allowance 2023-2024
My Nsfas Allowance 2023-2024: Do you wish to know the Nsfas allowance for students? Also, do you want to know how to apply for the Nsfas allowance or have been accepted to receive funding and want to know how you will be paid every month? Kindly read through this article to know more about the Nsfas allowance.
Requirements To Apply For The NSFAS Allowance
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Allowance
- Visit the NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account. If you don’t know how to create, click HERE
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit
What You Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowance
- You will need your cell phone and a valid SIM card.
- If you are a new student to NSFAS, you will need to sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement.
- Once you have been awarded your NSFAS Bursary then dial *134*176# and enter your ID number to verify & authenticate your account.
- Your account password will be sent to you via SMS. You will be able to access your account by dialling *134*176#.
- Cash may be withdrawn from any of the participating stores (Shoprite, Usave, Checkers, SPAR, Choppies or Boxer).
Nsfas Money Per Month 2023-2024
|NSFAS Allowance Students||Payable Amount (Monthly)||Payable Amount (Per Annum)|
|Incidental/Personal Care Allowance||R242||R2900|
|Accommodation in Rural Areas||R1,312||R15,750|
|Accommodation in Peri-Urban Area||R1,575||R18,900|
|Accommodation in Urban Area||R2000||R24,000|
|Transport (up to 40km from the institution)||R613||R7,350|
How To Take Out/Withdrawn Nsfas Money
The first step is to create a cash voucher:
- Dial *134*176#
- Enter your NSFAS wallet password
- Select option 1. Cash Voucher
- Enter amount
- You will then get your voucher
The second step would be to go and withdraw it:
- Go to a merchant which has partnered with NSFAS and Celbux
- Through their NSFAS Wallet, they would then state how much they wish to withdraw
- A voucher will then be produced
- Present the voucher number to the merchant
- You will then be given cash in exchange for the voucher
For more information on nsfas click here